to compliement the promotional video I will be creating for the band I also plan to film a short revealing the mechanics of the making of the video but also giving the audience an insight into the the thoughts and ideas of the band members when creating the song.
Here are a list of questions I plan to record during the interview with two band members, Jack Evison and Josh Harbord.
• What would you describe your music as?
• Who influenced you most to write this song?
• Explain the story behind the song ‘On Your Own Again’?
• Who created the name Mox Pox and how?
• Any ideas for future albums or gigs?
• Who would you compare yourselves to in the music industry?
• Why did you want to make music?
• Who was your biggest influence when writing the song?
• Any messages it is trying to convey to an audience?
• What bands and artists do you listen to most at the moment?
Friday, 3 December 2010
Wednesday, 1 December 2010
The brief I have chosen for my practical production is a promotion for the release of an album, to include a music promo video, together with two ancillary products. A cover for its release on DVD and also a magazine advertisement for the DVD. Looking for a new and unsigned band to base the production on was quite an easy task as a few of my closest friends are in an up and coming band called Mox Pox. It is an exciting venture for both me and the band as not only are they perfect for the creation of my AS practical but this could also benefit them as a band and bring them live events and publicity in the near future. This is also a perfect opportunity to find a brand image for the band. Being a mixture of genres, Mox Pox are unsure of how to represent themselves to their audience so I intend to overcome this problem through creating a clear brand image. They need a colour scheme, font and logo as these are all key elements for their brand image and for the band to be easily recognised. I believe this production will attract a stronger target audience and help to make them well known in the current local music industry.